Some gripes about WARP (Estes Version)

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Wed Aug 31 10:46:19 AEST 1983

The two bug descriptions I just read makes me think that someone's
version of warp isn't turning of CR/LF mapping.  Either that, or your
termcap hasn't defined do= when it should have.  You *MUST* define
a down string if newline doesn't move the cursor down *without
changing the column!*  I've seen a few termcaps that were just plain
wrong about that.

(Of course, the worst thing I've ever seen is the "destructive CR"
on some terminals.  Termcap has no standard that says "\r doesn't
just \r" (it does have a "newline glitch" spec, but no "return
glitch" spec).)

Termcap is neat, but why doesn't anyone understand it?  (including
me sometimes)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris.umcp-cs at UDel-Relay