Some gripes about WARP (Estes Version)

Ken Newman newman at utcsrgv.UUCP
Thu Sep 1 10:38:57 AEST 1983

I think it is unfair to criticize warp because of problems
with funny termcaps. We use warp on a number of standard
terminals (Datamedias, Sorocs, VT100s) under 4.1bsd and have
no display problems whatsoever (or rand # problems). Maybe
somebody should start hacking on the termcaps for these
nuclear-powered hp terminals. (Or maybe it's the non-bsd
system differences). Warp was done in a certain environment
and runs very well in that environment. Just because it
doesn't run on all terminals in any environment doesn't
justify saying "nice try but it doesn't work".