Stupid-sort -- an O(n*n!) sort program

Johan Strandberg johan at apple.UUCP
Sun Jul 29 18:31:25 AEST 1984

> I am currently trying to sort 15 numbers using the stupid sort
> algorithm, this is the current progress (using a VAX 750)
>
> 	  PID TT STAT  TIME COMMAND
> 	 6981 10 R N 4064:53 worstsort
>
> The code was compiled with the optimizer. We have very little load
> on our machine at the time so I will let it run while I go to SIGGraph
> for a week. I will let you know how long time it took...

YES! I let the stupid sort run all thru SIGGraph... and this is the
"result" (or absense thereof). I will now kill this before it actually
completes and therebye does something usefull.

	  PID TT STAT  TIME COMMAND
	 6981 10 R N 16154:43 worstsort

16154 minutes = 269.23 hours = 11.22 days = 0.000307134 centuries = 0.307134 mC

	Johan Strandberg
	Apple Computer Education Research Group [ERG]
	{mtxinu,dual,nsc,voder}!apple!johan