Terminal capability aid - Curse

Bill Silvert silvert at dalcs.UUCP
Fri Apr 26 04:14:07 AEST 1985

This is a very useful program, but while it works fine on fairly dumb
terminals, I have a problem with my 4-page Concept -- curse calls
initscr, which redefines the window and sends the ti and vi strings.
This is OK if I want to run cm, but if I only want to set so/se for a
message or something like that the result appears on the wrong
window.  Does anyone know how to run curse without sending the ti and
vi strings when they are not needed?  (I am not an expert on curses,
and the manual entry doesn't offer me much help!).
--
Bill Silvert
Marine Ecology Lab.