wanted: cshell for systemV

Kurt L. Reisler klr at hadron.UUCP
Tue Dec 31 13:48:05 AEST 1985

In article <397 at mordred.purdue.UUCP> fjn at purdue.UUCP (Francie J Newbery) writes:
>Surely I am not the first person to be hankering for cshell when
>I have to switch from my 4.2BSD Vax to my SystemV Release 2 machine.
>If anyone has developed such a program (even a simplified version)
>and would be willing to share it, I would be very interested in
>seeing a copy.
>
>Thanks,
>Francie Newbery

For a (relatively) small fee, you can purchase a source copy of the
"Korn Shell" (ksh) which is a fair simulation of the ever-popular csh, with a
few added features that are quite nice.  While it is not the same old
comfortable csh, but it is better than the standard SYS V shell.

If you need the number for the AT&T UNIX TOOLBOX, which is the "vendor" for the
Korn Shell, drop me a note at this address.  I have the number at the office.

 Kurt Reisler
 ..!seismo!hadron!klr