Dmail under sys3

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Thu Dec 26 10:58:47 AEST 1985

I have gotten dmail working under System III, by means of much hacking and an
interface to /bin/mail (or /etc/delivermail, for that matter) which reads the
To:, Cc:, and Bcc: lines from a message coming in on stdin (if invoked with
-t; otherwise it execs /bin/mail), discards Bcc:'s, and adds sendmail-style
Date: and From: lines.  If anyone's interested, I'll diff the sources so that I
can #ifdef the changes for BSD42_3, ATT3_5, and RE_V7 and post them, along with
my mail interface.

One flame: if the author of dmail had been working under sys3 he wouldn't
have misused pointers: my first use of setlist caused dmail to dump core when
it did a free(0).  Would it have been much harder to check the list of setlist
header lines for nullity before freeing it?  End flame.

--Brandon
--
This is a recording.  Please leave a message at the tone...	<beep>

..decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!tdi2!brandon (cwruecmp is Case.CSNET, O ye Arpanauts)
(..ncoast!tdi2!root for business)	      6615 Center St., Mentor, OH 44060
Phone: +01 216 974 9210      CIS 74106,1032       MCI MAIL BALLBERY (part-time)
I am affiliated with ncoast only to read news.  And even that may change.