As long as we are taliking about rmgrouping ...

Gene Spafford spaf at gatech.CSNET
Fri Nov 8 01:00:30 AEST 1985

In article <683 at ecsvax.UUCP> mjg at ecsvax.UUCP (Michael Gingell) writes:
>I think removing net.sources is (almost) the dumbest thing I
>ever heard. It contains far more interesting stuff than the
>censored - oops moderated source newsgroup. Personally I would
>never trade reading a censored newspaper for a one published
>without restriction.

As someone who believes moderated groups to be one of the only ways the
net can survive, I must ask Michael (and others with the same point of
view):  What newspapers do you read which have no editors?

Why do people confuse moderation with censorship?  Are the concepts
really that difficult to grasp?
--
Gene "wedding done, thesis to go" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332