As long as we are taliking about rmgrouping ...

and Vicki Herrieschopper ken at rochester.UUCP
Wed Nov 6 12:29:28 AEST 1985

[Flame on]

While I realize the future of this newsgroup is being debated in
net.news.group, inappropriate postings are one of the reasons cited for
removing this group.

Take net.sources out of your group list, PLEASE! Your arguments don't
belong here! Thank you.

[Flame off]

To justify this posting, here is a little shell script I use for
counting the number of sheets a file will need on the printer. It is
too small to bother to shar.

#! /bin/sh
#
#	pgc [files]
#	prints out the number of lines and pages in a file (or stdin)
#	based on the shell variable pagelength
#	form feeds will cause it to underestimate the number of pages
#
pagelength=66
if test $# -lt 1
then
	nlines=`wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
	npages=`expr '(' $nlines + $pagelength - 1 ')' / $pagelength`
	echo stdin: $nlines lines, $npages pages
else
	totlines=0; totpages=0
	for i
	do
		nlines=`wc -l $i | awk '{print $1}'`
		npages=`expr '(' $nlines + $pagelength - 1 ')' / $pagelength`
		totlines=`expr $totlines + $nlines`
		totpages=`expr $totpages + $npages`
		echo ${i}: $nlines lines, $npages pages
	done
	echo Total: $totlines lines, $totpages pages
fi
UUCP: ..!{allegra,decvax,seismo}!rochester!ken ARPA: ken at rochester.arpa
USnail:	Dept. of Comp. Sci., U. of Rochester, NY 14627. Voice: Ken!