ifdef filter

The Champ narayan at wg3b20.UUCP
Tue Jul 22 03:23:35 AEST 1986

> > It often happens that software packages are set up to run on so many
> > configurations that it is hard to read the code because of all the ifdefs.
> > I would like a filter for C programs that does something like the
> > following:
> > [...deleted specification...]
> > That is, filter out everything that is not going to be expanded by cpp while
> > retaining the ifdefs that are going to be expanded, just for comment value.
> > Ideally the output, when compiled, would produce exactly the same results as the
> > original.  Does anyone have anything like this?
>
> Me, too.  I keep planning to write it and never seem to find the time.
> --
> bc				Bill Crews @ NetCor Data International
>
> ..!{seismo,gatech,ihnp4}!ut-sally!cyb-eng!bc  (512) 835-2266

There is a unifdef program from Rand in Public domain going
about that does this. It may be in 4.3 BSD
--

Narayan Mohanram

Phone:		415-962 7170
ARPANET		wg3b20!narayan at lll-tis-b.ARPA
Usenet		ihnp4!{amdahl,pesnta}!wg3b20!narayan
Mail		The Wollongong Group
		1129 San Antonio Road
		Palo Alto, CA 94303. USA