Battleship source for Unix w/curses

Chris Gordon cagordon at watnot.UUCP
Wed Mar 12 11:15:16 AEST 1986

In article <1358 at hpda.UUCP> jrg at hpda.UUCP (Jeff Glasson) writes:
>In article <11587 at watnot.UUCP> cagordon at watnot.UUCP (Chris Gordon) writes:
>>Using the following compile command, I got the following undefines below:
>>cc -O -o bs bs.c -lcurses -ltermcap
>>Undefined:
>>_saveterm
>>_cbreak
>>_beep
>>_resetterm
>>
>>Can someone (probably the original poster) help?
>
>The undefined routines you see are from the AT&T version of curses.
>BSD curses does not have those routines.
>
>Here's a brief description of the routines (maybe someone out there has
>BSD versions):
>
>saveterm: save current modes as "in curses" state.
>cbreak: set cbreak mode
>beep: ring the terminal's bell
>resetterm: set tty modes to "out of curses" state
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Jeff Glasson
>Hewlett-Packard ISO
>ucbvax!hpda!jrg

Someone sent me the BSD versions of these commands. I just #define'd them as
so:

#define saveterm	savetty
#define cbreak		crmode
#define beep()		putchar('\7')  /* no equivalent */
#define resetterm	resetty

and all went well...

|Chris Gordon	University of Waterloo                                        |
|watmath!watnot!cagordon                                                      |
|CSNET:cagordon%watnot at Waterloo.CSNet                                         |
|   "Welcome to the real world. There's so much to learn"                     |
|                                                  Mr. Mister                 |