Request for project scheduling software

matt at saber.UUCP matt at saber.UUCP
Sat May 10 13:48:25 AEST 1986

> Is anyone aware of project scheduling software for Unix (BSD 4.2)?
> I'm especially interested in software that would automatically generate
> Gantt charts.  Paid or public domain ok.

For paid, look in AT&T's ToolChest: they have a tool
called `prompt' that keeps track of Activities,
Milestones, Dependencies, and Action Items.
It, however, requires that you also get `unity-tc', a
database management system, which you can use to
generate reports, etc.

Sources for prompt go for $500, and for unity-tc, $1250.
A bit too much for my corporate pocket.  I bought
instead Microsoft's Project (for about $250), and run
that off a PC.  Not Unix, but ...

If you get any responses in the `public domain'
category, will you summarize to the net?

--
{amd,att,cbosgd,calma,cayuga,dual,idi,ihnp4,intel,imagen,nsc,qubix,qumix,sun,wamo,wcwvax,weitek}!saber!matt