UUDECODE C source, if you need UUDECODE - here it is!!!!

Eric B. Decker cire at hpisoa1.HP.COM
Wed Nov 12 02:42:34 AEST 1986

> / hpisoa1:net.sources / mac at esl.UUCP (Mike McNamara) /  4:43 pm  Nov  6, 1986 /
> In article <282 at cblpe.UUCP> jrm at cblpe.UUCP (John Miller) writes:
> >I have had trouble returning mail to some of you (no I didn't ignore your
> >request) and there have been too many requests to handle. Therefore,
> >here is the UUdecode source file.
> >

> >Here is the C source for uudecode.c.
> >static char sccsid[] = "@(#)uudecode.c	5.1 (Berkeley) 7/2/83";
> >#endif
> >

> 	Hmm, did you ask berkeley if you could distribute this to the
> 	world? seems like I'd need an ATT Version 7 & BSD 4.2 license
> 	to use this code...(legally)

I believe that is not necessary.  Uuencode and uudecode are in the
public domain per the folks who wrote it.  Namely, Horton or
one of those folks when they were at Berkeley.  I am not totally
(like to the max) positive this is correct but almost certain.

> --
> ------------------------------------+
> | Michael Mc Namara                 |
> | ESL Incorporated                  |
> | ARPA: mac%esl.UUCP at ames.ARPA      |

eric

Eric B. Decker
Hewlett-Packard (ITG/IHO)
Cupertino, California

Unix Mail: {ucbvax | hpfcla | hplabs}!hpda!cire
uSnail:    Bldg 44UF, 19447 Pruneridge Ave., Cupertino, CA.  95014
Phone :    outside (408) 447-6294, telnet 125-6294