unix-pc.* newsgroups

Andrew Scott andrew at teletron.UUCP
Fri Jan 29 03:22:46 AEST 1988

In article <10049 at ncc.UUCP>, lyndon at ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>In article <210 at teletron.UUCP>, andrew at teletron.UUCP (Andrew Scott) writes:
>> I am at a 3b1 site that receives the full USENET newsfeed
>> from a local site, but does not receive unix-pc groups, and probably won't
> 		     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> if we have to pay long distance phone bills to get them.

> I will apologise for Andrew, he was obviously asleep when he
> made the noted comment :-) [ Andrew - teletron should be getting
> unix-pc.* from alberta, they started carrying it late last year
> at my request (per your request) ].

Actually, I was quite awake.  I got suspicious when I noticed that *every*
file in /usr/spool/news/unix-pc/* had multiple links.  Taking a look at the
headers revealed that they were all cross-posted to some other USENET group
which we *did* receive - thus the links.  We haven't seen any unix-pc.* only
traffic, hence the motivation for the cross-posting proposal.

Sorry to post this, everybody, but I wanted to make sure that my proposal
wasn't "invalidated".  (It's such a simple request, after all...)

	Andrew

--
$ make sense
Make:  Don't know how to make sense.  Stop.