combo board problems

Arthur Wouk wouk at romeo.cs.duke.edu
Sun May 21 01:02:23 AEST 1989

In article <12185 at rcsuna.UUCP> rhaar at rcsuna.UUCP (Bob Haar CS50) writes:

>My system is a 7300 UNIX PC with 1 Meg of RAM on the motherboard
>running release 3.51 . I bought an EIA/RAM combo board with
         ^^^^^^^^^^^
>0.5 Meg and 2 serial ports. When I brought up the system
>with this board, I began to experience problems. The memory
>
>The board came with a floppy containing RS232 expansion port
>software (v. 3.0). The auto-install proceedure failed - hangup
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>up with a message saying "Loading device drivers" for > 30 min.

THE DISK SHIPPED WITH THE BOARD IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THIS USE.

that is your problem. i had this when i installed the combo board. i
called at&t and they pointed this out. you must use the expansion
port software which came with the 3.51 system. there is a specific
disk for this installation which is different for 3.51.

since finding the appropriate disk and using it, all is well.

this
is
for
the