Changing the Enet addr of a TPE enet controller

Scott Schoenthal sas at pyrps5
Sat Aug 27 03:23:23 AEST 1988

In article <255 at owlmnt.UUCP> jim at owlmnt.UUCP (Jim McCool) writes:
>I'm working on a driver to talk to DEC equipment over ethernet and I need to
>be able to change the enet controller's address.  There is an ioctl,
>SIOCSENADDR, which is supposed to do this.  It works just fine for an IOC
>based controller but when the same call is made for an IOP controller things
>go straight down the toilet.

This problem has been tracked down and a PTF fix should be available
"very soon". As you suspected, there was a botch in the IOP/TPE driver in
the SIOCSENADDR ioctl code.

>I called RTOC and they said "We don't talk about DEC around here".  They
>refused to admit to any problem.

>From asking around, I think that this was due to a miscommunication or
misunderstanding of the problem between you and RTOC.

BTW:  Who is this "DEC" company you keep referring to?  :-)

sas
----
Scott Schoenthal   			sas at pyrps5.pyramid.com
Pyramid Technology Corp.		{sun,hplabs,decwrl}!pyramid!sas