SLIP

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Thu Sep 1 12:57:43 AEST 1988

I almost forgot -- The SLIP protocol is documented in RFC1055, available from
your friendly neighborhood archive server.

And, PC/NFS runs over SLIP. You don't need NFS on your host system to use it,
just telnetd. PC/NFS has telnet with a VT-100 emulator and the ability to run
multiple sessions. I am told that when combined with Microsoft Windows or some
other fairly vanilla windowing package, you effectively turn your PC into a
windowing terminal.

[ENTER COMMERCIAL MODE]

PC/NFS can be purchased from either Sun or Pyramid. I think the telnet and
SLIP capability alone are worth the license price.

[EXIT COMMERCIAL MODE]

<csg>