RAM size and performance

Amos Shapira amoss at huji.ac.il
Thu Aug 16 20:20:41 AEST 1990

Hello,
 I have Personal Iris Super (25) and Entry (20). Both with 8Mb of RAM.
 When I compile on them I almost can't do anything else.

 I suspect that the problem might be, at least partially, because there
 is not enough memory. This suspicion is also supported by a friend
 who administrates other workstations, but I don't have other PI's to
 compare with.

 What do you say about buying more memory to make it a total of 16 or
 32Mb each (mainly performance-wise)?

 Also do you have any experience with connecting several X-terminals
 and/or VT220-style terminals to the PI (I'm mainly interested in
 performance, but comments about other issues are also welcome)?

Thanks in advance,
Amos Shapira,
amoss at batata.huji.ac.il

"Super users do it without asking for permission." - me