Wren IV, and general hard drive setup

Rodney Hoinkes rodney at dgp.toronto.edu
Thu Aug 2 03:31:36 AEST 1990

	We are looking into purchasing a few of these drives (Wren IV)
	for our IRIS's but we are uncertain as to the requirements of
	hooking them up to primarily Personal Iris's, but potentially
	a 70GT as well.

	On the PI, is it simply a matter of hooking it into the SCSI
	port, plugging it into the wall (it's own power supply), and
	sicking fx onto it?  Does anyone know if device drivers exist
	for this drive (320Meg) ?

	On the GT, we have little idea of what is required for hookup.
	We currently have a 380Meg ESDI drive and controller, but hinv
	also says we have a WD33C93 SCSI controller.

	Any technical help would be appreciated.

---
	Rodney Hoinkes
	Centre for Landscape Research
	University of Toronto