X11 R4

C. Harald Koch chk at alias.UUCP
Fri Jan 5 04:13:10 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan4.002745.1079 at Neon.Stanford.EDU> loan at Neon.Stanford.EDU (James P. Loan) writes:
>Now that X11 R4 is out and multiplying, is there any indication
>as to if and when SGI will implement and support it, so that
>the "X Window Development Environment" they sell will contain it?

Who cares? :-)

It is my experience that the X11R3 distribution from MIT compiles and runs
successfully on 4Ds. It is highly likely that the X11R4 distribution will do
the same.

This means that you can get X11R4 right away, *and* you have source so you
can fix things...

Of course if you don't have time or energy to support X yourself, then you
will have to wait for SGI to get around to porting and testing R4.

--
C. Harald Koch                        Alias Research, Inc., Toronto ON Canada
chk%alias at csri.utoronto.ca      chk at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu      chk at chk.mef.org