Automount trouble?

Robert Thurlow thurlow at convex.com
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

In <2796 at brchh104.bnr.ca> phil at arco.com writes:
>The only problems I have, are that the automounter cannot be refreshed.
>The machine needs to be rebooted when a change is made to auto.direct.

Direct maps are like that, unfortunately; a SIGHUP won't fix them.
But rebooting is extreme; a simple kill of the automounter with
SIGTERM* and a restart should do.

* Don't use other signals!  Only this signal will have the automounter
do a clean exit without leaving dead mount points in place.

Rob T
Rob Thurlow, thurlow at convex.com
An employee and not a spokesman for Convex Computer Corp., Dallas, TX