Gethostbyaddr errors

Paul Elliott elliott at shiva.trl.oz.au
Tue Mar 19 03:28:00 AEST 1991

After installing YP (NIS) on our network of SUNs the machine that does the
NIS serving has the following type of error messages reported by syslog:

nres_gethostbyaddr: ilium.trl.OZ.AU != 137.147.20.137

This message is repeated for various other machines. The internet address
as shown is correct for the machine.  We also started using the Domain
name service at the same time.

All machines in our group are running SunOS 4.1 or later.

The master server is a Sun 3/260 running 4.1 and is also a gateway
machine.  The slave server is a Sun4/390 running 4.1.1 and is the server
that is returned by ypwhich (is faster than the 3/260).

Apart from the error messages everything works fine. For example, rlogin
to ilium is no problem.  Any help will be most appreciated. Reply via
email please and I will summarize to the net.

Thanks, Paul.
ACSnet:paul at trlamct.trl.OZ.AU		FAX: 61 3 543 8863