Network-wide Mail Spool?

Mitch Wright mitch at hq.af.mil
Wed Nov 28 11:03:30 AEST 1990

/*
 * On 5 Nov 90 21:34:21 GMT,
 * Chet Ramey writes:
 *
 */

Frank Bresz writes:

Frank> I think delivering mail anywhere but the spool directory is a big
Frank> GIANT lose for a great many reasons too numerous to list.  I absolute
Frank> abhore any suggestion to do so.

Chet> List them, please.  We have mail delivered to home directories (via a
Chet> special delivery program I wrote that people run from .forward files)
Chet> and have found it to be the easiest way to solve the problem in a
Chet> heterogeneous environment.

Well, I have one.

o If I finger Joeuser at Podunk.Edu, it will normally let me know what the
  oldest unread mail message is so I can determine if he's read my mail
  yet.  This is very handy... to me at least

  ~mitch

   mitch at hq.af.mil (Mitch Wright) | The Pentagon, 1B1046 | (703) 695-0262

   ``A system without PERL is like a hockey game without a fight.'' -- Me

--
  ..mitch

   mitch at hq.af.mil (Mitch Wright) | The Pentagon, 1B1046 | (703) 695-0262

   ``A system without PERL is like a hockey game without a fight.''
		-- Mitch Wright