Help---Corrupted UTMP file on HP-UX

Kenneth Ng ken at sugra.uucp
Tue May 7 13:59:14 AEST 1991

In article <1900 at prcrs.prc.com>, paul at prcrs.prc.com (Paul Hite) writes:
: In article <1991May02.143526.17696 at sdd.hp.com>, kurt at hpsdde.hp.com (Kurt Andersen) writes:
: > Has anyone experienced (and, I hope solved) a problem wherein the
: > /etc/utmp file gets clobbered (corrupted or emptied) under HP-UX
: > 7.0 on a 9000/350 machine?
: HP changed the format of the utmp file with 7.0.  We had this problem
: on our 9000/800's.  Anything that writes to utmp must be recompiled to
: work with 7.0.  You must have some software somewhere that is doing this.
: screen?  X from pd?  some homebrew package?  Find it and recompile it.

Some commerical packages such as the LAT emulator from KNET also need to be
upgraded to run under HP-UX 7.0.  According to them, we are the first people
to actually try it.

--
Kenneth Ng
Please reply to ken at hertz.njit.edu until this machine properly recieves mail.