Why doesn't df reflect paritition change?

Chuck Henkel henkel%nepjt at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu
Thu Sep 13 22:52:51 AEST 1990

In article <HENKEL%NEPJT.90Sep12132202 at nepjt.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>
henkel%nepjt at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Chuck Henkel) writes:
> However, df still claims that /u has a total of 4MB. What's the deal?

I had also gone into the "File Systems" menu and followed the
convoluted path which enables you to run "chfs" with the "size="
option. However, I neglected to notice that the units for this option
are in 512 byte blocks instead of 1KB units, although it's clearly
stated as such in the menu. Problem resolved.

Another question: Was it necessary for me to use the Logical Volume
Manager at all for this operation? That is, if I had executed the
correct chfs command to begin with, would it have automatically
allocated enough free LP's to complete the operation?

--
| Chuck Henkel                      |                            |
| N.C. State University             | Curious about evolution?   |