Risc/6000 date/time after New Year's

Keith Rich keith at sscsu.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jan 4 07:07:40 AEST 1991

I find that the date/time is wrong whenever I reboot.  I didn't have this
problem until after New Year's.  The first reboot after New Year's seemed
to lose a day.  This happened on the second, but it said the first.  Now
I have reset the date (using smit), but when I reboot, the clock is about
five hours slow (I tried several times).  I am running AIX 3.1 rev 1.3,
and I have also seen the problem on AIX 3.1 rev 1.2 (is there a standard
way to say this?).

When I set the date (using either smit or just date), it replies with:

date: The time service is not available on your system.

So, does anyone know how I can fix this?

Keith Rich (keith at sscsu.stanford.edu)