ethernet overflow errors

William Kucharski kucharsk at uts.amdahl.com
Wed Jan 11 07:17:44 AEST 1989

In article <5262 at phoenix.Princeton.EDU>, oberst at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Daniel J. Oberst) writes:
> answered.  Several times when I have left A/UX running unattended
> overnight (I usually run my MacII with MacOS during the day) I have
> come in to see the following error messages:
>
> 	ae0:overflow NIC reset failed
> 	ae6_intr:Receive overflow warning
> 	ku_fastsend: if_output failed: error=70, sendpck=0, am=0

We've had a similar problem at our site.  Basically, it seems A/UX can't
deal with much Ethernet traffic.  If your Ethernet is at all heavily used,
the system will print the first two messages and bring the Ethernet card
off-line.  Perhaps that is the source of your third message.  I don't know
how to fix it, I'm just waiting for a fix from Apple.  (From what I hear
A/UX 1.1 fixes this, but when that will be out is another question...)

--
					William Kucharski

ARPA: kucharsk at uts.amdahl.com
UUCP: ...!{ames,decwrl,sun,uunet}!amdahl!kucharsk

Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed above are my own, and may not agree with
	     those of any other sentient being, not to mention those of my
	     employer.  So there.