THINK C for A/UX?

Michael A. Nowak mnowak%bushido.uucp at umich.edu
Wed Sep 19 11:20:57 AEST 1990

I've started using A/UX 2.0 and have just started trying to work with THINK C
in this environment (I've used THINK C extensively in the regular MacOS
environment).  THINK C 4.0 exhibits some strange behavior under A/UX:

o  The debugger always complains that it is out of memory, despite changes in
   the size of its Multifinder partition size.

o  After running a project and returning to the THINK C environment, the whole
   THINK C application just quits, with no explanation.  There's usually a
   5 to 10 second period between returning from the run and the exit where
   THINK C appears to run preoperly.

o  THINK C will not run under the 32-bit Multifinder environment.

I imagine that a new version of THINK C will be necessary to run properly under
A/UX (and maybe under System 7).  Has anyone heard if this will be available
soon?  Will it be possible to have a THINK C source debugger in the A/UX
environment?

--
Michael Nowak
                                                           Bushido Systems