A/UX Problems

Matthias Urlichs urlichs at smurf.sub.org
Sat Sep 15 04:02:36 AEST 1990

In comp.unix.aux, article <44739 at apple.Apple.COM>,
  chuq at Apple.COM (The Wandering Phew) writes:
< markj at halley.UUCP (Mark Jones) writes:
<
<>   However, when I launch A/UX, only the MacPartition shows in the A/UX
<>   Finder.
<
< [...]  It needs to be
< reformatted, either with HD Setup (the version shipped with 2.0) or a recent
< release of SilverLining. If it's not being mounted, it means that A/UX isn't
< recognizing it.
<
Correct cause, wrong cure. Use "dp" to fix it. (Use the partition map entry
on your other hard disk as a model.)
HD Setup probably won't recognize either the hard disk or the partition map.

< Due to popular request, I've removed the "Small World" theme from my
< signature. Too many net.reader's co-workers were complaining about the
< whistling. My apologies for any inconvenience. (It's a small, small world!)

Just when we all have been getting used to it...
--
Matthias Urlichs -- urlichs at smurf.sub.org -- urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de     /o)\
Humboldtstrasse 7 - 7500 Karlsruhe 1 - FRG -- +49+721+621127(0700-2330)   \(o/