building rn for A/UX 2.0

Ron Flax ron at afsg.apple.com
Thu Sep 27 08:34:23 AEST 1990

In article <10509 at panix.UUCP> alexis at panix.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) writes:
>rn does not like job control. In particular, when I resume a suspended rn:
>>rn read error: Interrupted system call
>>
>>Caught an internal error--.newsrc restored
Here is a set of diffs to make rn work properly on A/UX
2.0.. (A/UX 1.1, too)...

*** rn.c	Sat Sep  1 21:29:41 1990
--- ../rn.c	Sat Sep  1 22:04:39 1990
***************
*** 78,83
      register char *s;
      bool oh_for_the_good_old_days = FALSE;

      if (maxngtodo)
  	starthere = 0;
      else if (!foundany) {		/* nothing to do? */

--- 78,86 -----
      register char *s;
      bool oh_for_the_good_old_days = FALSE;

+ #ifdef _AUX_SOURCE
+     set42sig();
+ #endif
      if (maxngtodo)
  	starthere = 0;
      else if (!foundany) {		/* nothing to do? */
*** term.c	Sat Sep  1 21:29:04 1990
--- ../term.c	Sat Sep  1 22:39:24 1990
***************
*** 753,765
      for (;;) {
  	int_count = 0;
  	errno = 0;
! 	if (read_tty(whatbuf,1) < 0)
! 	    if (!errno)
! 	        errno = EINTR;
! 	    else {
! 	    perror(readerr);
! 	    sig_catcher(0);
! 	}
  #ifdef PUSHBACK
  	if (*whatbuf & 0200 || no_macros) {
  	    *whatbuf &= 0177;

--- 753,764 -----
      for (;;) {
  	int_count = 0;
  	errno = 0;
!         if (read_tty(whatbuf,1) < 0 && !errno)
!             errno = EINTR;
!         if (errno && errno != EINTR) {
!             perror(readerr);
!             sig_catcher(0);
!         }
  #ifdef PUSHBACK
  	if (*whatbuf & 0200 || no_macros) {
  	    *whatbuf &= 0177;

>The other problem is, I think, not actually an rn problem at all. When I
>use Pnews to post an article, the "Path:" header is "panix!panix.uucp",
>whereas rn's followup command correctly generates "panix!alexis". It is
>my guess that Bnews (in particular, inews?) is generating that path
>incorrectly, but when rn supplies the path, it's OK. Does anyone know
>if this is correct?

I think the problem here is a #define in config.h, check #define
INTERNET, mine is #undef INTERNET and it works properly,
even though we really are Internet..

--
Ron Flax
ron at afsg.apple.com