ANA - a binary analyser (part 01/02)

Curtis Yarvin cgy at cs.brown.edu
Wed Oct 17 09:48:55 AEST 1990

In article <1515 at metaphor.Metaphor.COM> tam at cronos.metaphor.com () writes:

>	For those people who don't think I should post PC binary in this group,
>please accept my apology. I think ANA is so useful for some developers that it
>is too selfish not to share (Of course I am still selfish of not sharing the
>source).

My mind is reeling... my worldview is shattered...  Come on.  I must THINK!
I must recover my sanity...  Ah, better.  Now let me get this straight.  You
posted a MS-DOS binary to comp.unix.programmer?  This is a bit hard to
swallow.  There is a wonderful newsgroups called comp.binaries.ibm.pc which
is intended solely for people like you.  It might have been acceptable to
post _source_ to your program (to comp.sources.unix) - but you don't want to
share the source.  This seems to be a rather unwarranted dose of paranoia.
Few will miss it, and even fewer would be tempted to steal it.  Minus all
the bells and whistles and shell escapes, it is simply "od."

Please restrain yourself in future.
		-Curtis

"I tried living in the real world
 Instead of a shell
 But I was bored before I even began." - The Smiths