Motorola, System V, vi question

Dean Karres dean at usceast.UUCP
Thu Nov 3 02:06:13 AEST 1988

Hi,
  I am running release 3, version 4 of Motorola's System V. I have
recently had occasion to edit a reasonably large ascii text file
(540Kb +) and recieved the message "Tmp file too large". I am positive
that there is sufficient room in /tmp for vi to use (I have generated
the message with /tmp as a part of the / filesystem and with /tmp as
its own filesystem). Is there an upper limit to the size of a file
that vi can deal with? Should there be? If the answer to any of these
questions is "no" then what can I do to fix it?

Thanx,
Dean...k...
--
#define	name	Dean Karres
#define	E-mail	...gatech!ncrcae!usceast!dean