TERMCAP entry for vt220, anyone

Dr. Scump aland at infmx.UUCP
Thu Nov 3 13:59:54 AEST 1988

In article <321 at lafcol.UUCP>, pilgrimk at lafcol.UUCP (Sjambok, the foreign plague) writes:
> I need the termcap entry for vt220.
>
> Please email
> pilgrimk at lafcol
> thanks

I almost went crazy trying to do this (well, allright, I *did* go crazy,
but not from just this :-])...

One problem is that when you are in vt220 mode, your ESCAPE key no
longer generates the ESCAPE character (ascii 27), it generates
"CSI 2 3 ~" instead (for use as F11).  Therefore, another key (no pun
intended) question is: how do you generate ESC from the keyboard in
vt220 mode?  (When in vt100 mode, ESC is generated using the ESC/F11 key).

I wrote a termcap that seems to work otherwise, but vt220 mode is
useless to me if the result is that you have no ESCAPE key.

Am I missing something?

--
 Alan S. Denney  |  Informix Software, Inc.  |  {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland
 Disclaimer: These opinions are mine alone.  If I am caught or killed,