how to use scandir()?

wyuen at CAE.WISC.EDU wyuen at CAE.WISC.EDU
Tue Aug 28 03:47:30 AEST 1990

Could someone give examples of how to use scandir?
Eg., how to list the filenames of a given directory?

It seems to me that

struct direct *(*namelist[]);       is a reasonable declaration,

n = scandir(".", namelist, NULL, NULL)        is a reasonable call,

for (i=0; i<n; i++)
     printf("filename = %s\n", (*namelist[i])->d_name);   is a reasonable use,

however, I'm getting Segmentation Faults all the time.
Someone kindly points out what I did wrong?

Thanks. Please send to newsgroup as my email is unstable.