How do I change the number of lines on my term?

John Wilber wilber at sal-sun11.usc.edu
Sat Aug 18 05:57:30 AEST 1990

I'm having troubles changing the number of lines that the OS thinks I
have on my terminal.  Normally, I log into my Unix account here
remotely, and emulate a vt100 (setenv term vt100), and this works fine.
Sometimes, however, I login at an actual workstation, and no matter what
I do, I can't make the OS think that I have more than 25 lines on my
screen.

I am using Sun workstations running Sun OS 4.0.3, and yes I have RTFM'd.
I have tried the following commands:

   setenv term sun
   setenv term sun-34

What's wrong?  Do the terminal parameters only get initialized upon
starting up csh? (I'm using csh).

Thanks,

John
wilber at nunki.usc.edu