Latest 'Interest groups' list

Rich Zellich zellich at stl-07sima.army.mil
Wed Aug 15 08:07:41 AEST 1990

I last updated the Interest-Groups database the end of March, and turned
it over to the NIC staff for further maintenance.  At the time, I did
NOT send out a final update-notice message, figuring the NIC staff could
send it out and use the opportunity to announce they had taken over the
list-of-lists maintenance and letting people know where to send future
update-info. messages.

As far as I can tell, the database hasn't been updated since then, nor
did the NIC ever send out an update notice specifying what changes had
been posted to create the end-March version.

I have no idea what's going on; I was assured they had the manhours
available to handle the ongoing maintenance, but perhaps they grossly
underestimated the level of effort required.

I no longer have a login on NIC.DDN.MIL, but I continue sending list
update info. to the old ZELLICH at NIC.DDN.MIL address and so far it at
least hasn't bounced.  Whether anyone's reading those messages or not
is another question...

Cheers,
Rich