Re^2: Converting to uppercase/lowercase in sed

Gordon Edwards gedwards at ncratl.Atlanta.NCR.COM
Tue Aug 28 06:20:50 AEST 1990

Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM writes:

>merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:
>>yeah, the not very well documented "y" command.
>>	y/a-z/A-Z/
>
>bzzzzt. Minus 10 points! got to say:
>y/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/
>--
>Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM +1-708-979-6364

To convert lowercase to uppercase with sed I use

   s/[a-z]/[A-Z]/g

--
Internet: Gordon.Edwards at Atlanta.NCR.COM                  NCR Corporation
UUCP: uunet!ncrlnk!ncratl!gedwards                        2651 Satellite Blvd.