sort with a tab as separator

phd_ivo at gsbacd.uchicago.edu phd_ivo at gsbacd.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 21 13:24:19 AEST 1990

In article <3922 at auspex.auspex.com>, guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes...

+"improved"?  Thanks, NeXT; thanks a lot.  The vanilla C shell doesn't
+have this particular stupidity.  Is this a "tcsh"ism?  If so, whoever
+maintains "tcsh" should seriously think about getting rid of it, 'cause
+it's a crock.  "csh" is broken enough already without breaking it
+further....

Improved: it is command-line and history editing via Emacs commands that
probably screws up some of this. I am VERY GLAD that the NeXT csh has this
feature. It makes life much more pleasant. In fact, I wouldn't even consider a
shell without this feature.

/ivo welch	ivo at next.agsm.ucla.edu