Two RN questions

jeyadev at rocksanne.uucp jeyadev at rocksanne.uucp
Sat Jul 21 07:36:06 AEST 1990

Could someone help me out on these two issues, please?

1) When one includes someone else's posting in one's own (by using the F
command), RN gives a reference to the quoted article, as in the case given
below

In article <2355 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.com (bill davidsen) writes:
>In article <1990Jul18.143444.11849 at eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> xxrich at alliant1.lerc.nasa.gov (Rich Rinehart) writes:

What do those cryptic account "names" 2355 and 1990Jul18.143444.11849 mean?
Are they the encoded passwords, or what?

2) When I change my mind and abort an article, RN creates a file in my
login directory called .article. What does this file do? Does it get
overwritten when the next article is posted?

Thanks

Surendar Jeyadev	Internet: jeyadev.wbst128 at xerox.com

Time is just nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once