Respawning processes.

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Sat Jul 14 03:29:29 AEST 1990

>> I'm running Sun 4.0.x operating system.
>
>I don't know whether this will help, but that's the way it works in real UNIX.

SunOS isn't "real UNIX", then; it has a 4.2BSD-flavored "init" prior to
4.0, and a 4.3BSD-flavored "init" in 4.0 and later.  Then again, I
suspect Ninth and Tenth Editions aren't "real UNIX" by that definition,
either, even though they come from the older of the trademark for UNIX
(unless USL 1) now owns the trademark and 2) is sufficiently separate
from AT&T that one could consider AT&T no longer to own the trademark).