System V Release 4.0 versus BSD

Nick Crossley ndjc at hobbit.UUCP
Tue Jul 24 05:18:33 AEST 1990

In article <2059 at cirrusl.UUCP> dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>For about two years now, every time somebody has mentioned the System V
>versus BSD battle (which was really lost and won years ago), somebody
>else has invariably pointed to the not-yet-here-but-real-soon-now SVR4
>as the panacea.

V.4 is not a myth, it is available NOW, and has been since early this year
(earlier in Europe than in the US!).  ICL has already shipped over 300 of
our DRS6000 SPARC based systems, running Unix V.4.  I do not believe we are
the only manufacturer now doing so, either.

disclaimer: I work for ICL!

Nick Crossley, ICL NA, 9801 Muirlands, Irvine, CA 92718-2521, USA 714-458-7282
uunet!ccicpg!ndjc  /  ndjc at ccicpg.UUCP
--

<<< standard disclaimers >>>