Questions on UNIX O/S for 286 and 386 PCs

Paul Louie louie at rruxi.bae.bellcore.com
Sat Jul 14 00:54:08 AEST 1990

I am considering converting one of my PCs, a 286 and a 386 PC/ATs, into a
UNIX workstation.  I like some viewpoints on the GOOD, the BAD, and the
UGLY on the most popular O/S.  What would be the acceptable hardware config
for average performance and usability.  And finally, please consider
application availability as a strong point, and not just the technical
aspect.  Also, please recommend on what form should I purchase the package.
But I don't think I can afford source.

Thanks in advance.	Anybody has one to sell at a low price????