What VGA to buy (Summary)

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Sun Nov 25 17:58:59 AEST 1990

}imdave at cbnewsc.att.com (david.e.bodenstab) writes:
}
}>About a week ago I asked if anyone had been successful using a VGA with
}>uport's SV/AT -- specifically, what brand/model of VGA.
}
}>As I received no responses, there isn't much of a summary.  If anyone was
}>waiting for a summary, this is it.  Sorry.
}
}>Of course, maybe this means that one cannot use a VGA with SV/AT.
}=======================
}
}n article <15 at mport.COM> duc at mport.COM (Richard Ducoty) replies:
}You can use a VGA card - but not in VGA mode and *ONLY* if the board has
}hardware EGA compatability.  You must use it as an EGA board.
}
}We will likely provide VGA modes sometime before the next millennium, but
}unfortunatly, it is not real high on our priority list
}
}
}Richard

First off, let me say that it's really nice to have Microport back in this
(and its predecessor) newsgroup.  Welcome home!  The group was started for
V/AT, it's nice to have an ear.

For those who read sysv.386, you might have seen me landing on Richard
and Microport pretty hard.  If you haven't read much of what I have said,
let me get really clear.  I _love_ V/AT!  I don't ask a lot of it and it
never disappoints me.  I use the stock async driver at 19.2Kbps (NS16550A)
and it never whimpers or coughs.  I couldn't funtion without V/AT in my
luggable, it's great!

Now to land on Richard pretty hard with respect to V/AT :-)  Mine works with
a VGA.  That's more than I could say for AT&T Simul-Task '286 or '386.  Heck,
AT&T 3.1.1 wouldn't even boot with a VGA in the room, much less the chassis :-)

OK, OK, which VGA?  It's a MicroLabs VGA solution.  Please don't post or email
me for buying information, my V/AT luggable is loaned out to chip at chinacat.\
Unicom.COM .  He has ordering information, even if he growls about sending it.
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {att,cs.utexas.edu,pyramid!daver}!ssbn.wlk.com!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill