MS Fortran and VP/ix problem

Timothy A. Melton stdtm at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
Sat Dec 22 04:06:39 AEST 1990

I am trying to run MS Fortran 5.0 under VP/ix on a '386 running ESIX
rev. D.  When I run nmake on my make file (which works fine under native
DOS), the linker dies with an error saying that it can't create the temp
files that it needs.  I have the environment variables tmp, lib, and bin
set to the appropriate directories.  The error code that link gives is
L1084; the manual says that the disk or root dir is full, but I have plenty
(> 10MB) of free space on that disk.  I changed permissions on all
directories to make them world write-able just in case.  What am I missing?
The filesystem is a D drive that is actually redirected from my home vpix
directory.  I own everything there.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Tim