What's the difference between a 1542A and a 1542B?

Kevin W. Rudd kevinr at sequent.UUCP
Fri Dec 21 07:56:00 AEST 1990

	I don't think that my original posting ever made it out, so I am
trying again.

	Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Adaptec's 1542A and
1542B SCSI controllers is?  I am planning on using one of them in an ACMA
386/20 system with a Maxtor SCSI drive.  I have heard of problems with the bus
mastering on these boards.  Does this apply for both the A and B?  Is there a
way of telling whether the system will have trouble with the board before
forking out the money for one?  Any advanced advice would be helpful.

TIA

--
Kevin W. Rudd
Sequent Computer Systems