TCP/IP under ISC

Jim Deitch jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com
Mon Nov 19 13:43:13 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov18.173628.21839 at maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> rrsum at matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Rick Summerhill) writes:
>I currently have a standard 386 clone machine running ISC v2.02.
>I also have the X window system package, but not the TCP/IP package.
>
>When I called ISC to see how much it would cost me to purchase TCP/IP,
>I was told they are only selling one for v2.2, not v2.02.  Moreover,
>they didn't know if the current TCP/IP would work with v2.02.  Anyone
>out there know if it does?  It is very expensive, also.  $495 compared
>to the complete ESIX system for $825.  If one must update to v2.2,
>then it is even more costly!  Recommendations?  I'm actually trying
>to wait till SysVR4 before investing a great deal more in my system.

The current HBTCP v1.2 will work with ISC 2.0.2 90%.  The only things
that I have seen that don't work are the UDP time services and the
SLIP.  Seems that ISC disagrees with me on the UDP stuff (Dick are you
there?) but I have found that it doesn't.  The SLIP not working is
spelled out in the manual on page 1 or 2.  Other than that I have
found it to be both faster and more reliable than the version 1.0 (or
whatever it was).

>Anyone out there have an ISC TCP/IP for 2.02 they want to sell for a
>fair price?

Sorry but no.

ARPANET:    jadpc!jdeitch at nosc.mil
INTERNET:   jdeitch at jadpc.nosc.mil