database: aliases (ignorant question)

Dave C Curado dcc at world.std.com
Tue Sep 18 13:51:34 AEST 1990

Hello there,
I think I've got a question with an easy answer...but I can't find it.

When I boot up our SysV machine (Wyse 386) (Version 3.2) I get an error
message:
  could not open database: /usr/lib/aliases

I'm pretty sure that's the error, but the machine is at work and now
I'm home...so... The file *does* exist, and is readable.  Does anyone
know what's going on here?  Thanks ...Dave C.

--
Dave Curado                I didn't say that I didn't say it.
dcc at world.std.com          I said that I didn't say that I said it.