UPS recommendations?

UW West nvosd at nwnexus.WA.COM
Wed Sep 19 02:43:45 AEST 1990

After a blown hard disk and motherboard last year (along with a half
dozen surge supressors and assorted other electronics), I went out
and got a TrippLite BC-450.  Since then, the score is Puget Power
0 - TrippLite 5.

Seriously, I've had my Tandy 5000MC, monitor, HP DeksJet and
Mountain Tape drive on this box since about Sept of last year with
no problems.  We've hada couple of bodacious hits, one of which
took out all the surge supressors that I replaced after LAST years
debacle, and nothing seems to faze the TrippLite.

The cheapest place I found in Seattle to buy this stuff has been at
Pearl Electronics, on Dexter accross from KING-TV.

Clay Jackson