Protecting against downloads

heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
Thu Sep 20 02:04:44 AEST 1990

>What about all those neat (multiuser) games available for Unix that
>won't run under dos?  Cf Empire, conquer, mazewar, etc?  Or have
>these been translated to run under Desqview or some other similar
>multi-tasker?
>
>(Not to mention wumpus and fortune!  :-) )

Well, those are probably good reasons to run unix and allow shell access
too!  (I was arguing FOR shell access, not against it).  I haven't
tried any of those games (or any unix games for that matter, other than
what came with SunOS and we deleted).  None came with my Esix system.

Work:    heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
	 {decuac,necntc,uunet}!rayssd!tdw201!heiser
Home(1): bill%unixland.uucp at world.std.com -or- uunet!world!unixland!bill
	 Public Access Unix Coming Soon!
Home(2): Bill.Heiser at f240.n322.z1.fidonet.org (BBS: 1-508-655-3848)
Other:	 heiser at world.std.com     (Pub. Access Unix)