ESIX e-mailing list

Richard Foulk richard at pegasus.com
Tue Sep 18 16:41:41 AEST 1990

>There are times when a mailing list can be great.  General conversations
>should remain in a newsgroup like this, but when someone has a specific
>question requiring a quick fix, the mailing list generates good response.

This newsgroup seems to have very good response, and better readership
than any mailing list is likely to.

I have seen times recently when someone has posted here after trying
elsewhere first -- sounds like poorer response time to me.

With the newer, more far reaching binary interface that Intel and
AT&T are putting together, and that SCO, ISC, and the others have
agreed to, things are starting to come closer together.

Why would you want to take steps to move them farther apart?

Richard Foulk		richard at pegasus.com