X Windows under ISC 2.2

Barbara La Scala bfls at cain.anu.edu.au
Sun Sep 16 15:53:16 AEST 1990

I am unable to get more than five clients to run using ISC's Xvga server.  Has
anyone come across such a phenomenon and can offer me some advice?  I have
RTFM and they suggest:
 (1) do a netstat -m to check STREAMS resource usages.
     I have done this and there have been no failures to allocate resources.
 (2) check how many pseudo terminals have been configured.
     I have sixteen ptys configured but the largest number of xterms I have
     been able to start is 5.
 (3) check the values of NOFILES, NPROC, MAXUP
     I have and they all seem fine.

So does anyone else have any suggestions?  Please help as this is driving me
crazy.

Barbara La Scala               "Give me chastity and continency, but not yet."
bfls at cain.anu.oz.au             St. Augustine, 'Confessions'